Springboard performance is looking to hire a creative intern to photo document the 2017 Fluid Movement Arts Festival, running October 18-28, 2017. With the supervision and support of the Associate Artistic Producer and Fluid Fest Marketing Director, the Intern will be responsible for capturing all Fluid Fest events, including photographing festival lounge cabarets, technical runs of assigned mainstage performances, workshops and other festival happenings.
In addition to archival documentation, the intern will artfully edit a selection of best shots from each event for quick turn around, day after marketing promotion of our Fluid Festival shows.
The intern will be responsible for integrating festival graphics and branding, as well as converting and uploading images in the appropriate format for distribution across all web and social media channels.
The Intern will also be in charge of editing and archiving all photo documentation in a timely manner after the festival for future use by the organization. Credit for image use will be listed appropriately.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Digital Arts
Some specialized skills required:
- Photography skills
- Photo Editing experience
- Must own your own camera equipment and photo editing software
- Must be available October 18-28th. Mostly evenings with 2-4 day time events.
- Asset – Knowledge and experience in dance or action photography
- Asset – Knowledge and experience in taking photos of movement in low light performance settings.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Photo document up to 15 festival events
- Quick turnaround selection and editing of best images from each event for next day web and social media marketing
- Photo archiving of festival performances and events
- The intern will expand their portfolio and gain experience working in the festival context, photographing and editing images dance and live performing arts
Apply here: https://www.joinscip.ca/internships/1513-social-media-coordinator // This position is a SCiP Internship, a $1,000 Bursary through the Serving Communities Internship Program.