Our application deadline for the Carbondale Clay National XIII: Out of the Mold is just over a week away! We will be accepting applications until May 18thby 5 PM MST. Go to our website at http://www.carbondaleclay.org/clay-national-xiii/ to apply.
The theme for the Clay National is “Out of the Mold”. The concept of this juried exhibition is to investigate what is happening currently in ceramic art. Slip casting, press molding, or sprigging; plaster molds, bisque molds, or just clay pressed onto an object. These are all techniques requiring molds. How are artists finding new ideas and ways of working through the use of molds? Pottery, sculpture, wall tile, or mix media work will be considered. Carbondale Clay National XIII will be juried by Andrea and John Gill, both internationally recognized ceramic artists.
- Exhibition Dates: August 3 – 31, 2018
- Opening Reception with the Jurors: August 3, 2018
- Application must be received by: May 18, 2018 by 5 PM MST
- Notification of acceptance by email: June 8, 2018
- Accepted work delivered to CCC Gallery: July 25 – 30, 2018
Best in Show: $500
Staff Selection: $250
Local’s Favorite: $100