Do you want professional training in grassroots community organizing? ACORN Canada is looking for students interested in social and economic justice!
ACORN Canada is a national grassroots non-profit organization that brings together low and moderate income families for social and economic justice. We are a member run organization structured like a community union, with over 102,000 members organized into 23 neighbourhood chapters across the country. Our goal is to achieve social and economic justice by developing a national active membership that is invested in their organization and focused on building power for change.
- To community organize and expand the reach of ACORN in low and moderate income neighbourhoods.
- The job includes: direct door-to-door contact, street outreach, petitioning, follow-up meetings, planning meetings and actions
What We Are Looking For:
- ACORN Canada is looking for motivated students interested in fighting and winning social and economic justice campaigns! We are hiring under the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
- We organize in low-income neighbourhoods and streets with high pedestrian traffic between the hours of 12pm and 9pm (work hours would be between these times)
- Leaders who are willing to work independently in a grassroots setting
- Willing to handle challenging and rewarding work to help grow a national grassroots movement of low and moderate income families
- Opportunity to participate in direct action and social justice campaigns
No experience required. Professional organizing training provided.
- Must be a post-secondary full time student in 2018 and intend to return as full time student for 2018-2019
- Between the ages of 15-30
30hrs/wk for 8 weeks
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org