Do you have an interest and expertise in photography that you would like to share with teens?
Calgary Public Library is looking for volunteers who will help teens build their creative and technology skills through inquiry-based exploration. As a Teen Tech Lab Guide you would be sharing your own expertise through one-on-one or small group mentoring. The Calgary Public Library will be starting this program by focusing on digital photography and online photo editing.
Our summer trial for the program will run for 3 weeks at:
Shawnessy Library 333 Shawville Boulevard SE (1 session):
- Saturdays, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m., July 7, 14, and 21
Saddletowne Library 150 7555 Falconridge Boulevard NE (2 sessions):
- Saturdays, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m., July 14, 21 and 28
- Saturdays, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m., August 11,18 and 25
Each week will explore a different photography based topic:
- Week 1: The technical basics – settings, lenses, exposure…
- Week 2: Tips, tricks, or techniques for better photos
- Week 3: Editing & sharing your photos
If you are interested in becoming a Teen Tech Lab Guide, please call us at 403.260.2613 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.