Doctors Optical Lab Inc. is looking for a self-directed Junior Graphic Designer to create and develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and online material. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Junior Graphic Designer is accountable for the finished product that integrates creative design, production and print fundamentals. The successful candidate will be able to communicate the brand effectively through graphics, illustrations, and industry specific marketing content. Photography/videography and marketing experience is an asset.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Fulfill projects from concept to completion (creative design, production and print ready files)
- Support the team by managing creation and production of final artwork files and pre-press
- Strong typographic skills, colour theory and design principles
- Production and management of print and online materials
- Prepare files for digital and print production
- Maintain file organization, archiving and completed work on time and meets company goals.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager and Web Developer to execute digital marketing strategies
- Enrolled in graphic design program or equivalent work experience
- Degree or diploma in accredited program or comparable work experience
Skills & Experience
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada
- Have graduated from a post-secondary institution, preferring with a bachelor’s in Graphic Design, Marketing, Business Administration, or Communications
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and pre-press
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines with quick turnarounds
- Self-motivated individual who can work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills to work directly with clients
- Organized with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please submit your resumé, and cover letter as well as an electronic portfolio (PDF format) or a link to your website to: email@example.com. Resumés will not be considered without a portfolio link or samples attached. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.