Are you interested in learning the ins and outs of coordinating an art market? ACADSA is now hiring Department Representatives from each of the College’s program areas, including: Ceramics, Drawing, Fibre, First Year, Glass, Jewellery+ Metals, MADT, Painting, Photography, Print Media, Sculpture, and VCD. Department Representatives act as the main point of contact for students participating in Show + Sale. As peer leaders, they oversee the installation and display of their program’s artwork and attend the opening night gala as a delegate of their department. The Fall Show + Sale will be hosted from November 22-24.
For more information about Show + Sale, please visit www.acadsa.ca/show-sale/.
- Support the development and coordination of Show + Sale
- Attend Show + Sale meetings, workshops and opening night gala
- Oversee the set up and take down of program area and/or medium
- Act as the main point of contact for students in designated program area
- Post and circulate Show + Sale guidelines, deadlines, announcements and invitations
- Acquire and provide student and customer feedback regarding future Show + Sale operations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with close attention to detail and function
- Ability to take initiative for coordinating and carrying out assigned projects
- Self-motivated individual who can effectively prioritize
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deal diplomatically with a wide variety of people including ACAD students, staff, faculty and the general public
- September 2018 through April 2019
- An honorarium of $200 per semester will be provided
- Schedule to be determined with Career Development Program Manager
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest outlining how the position will support their professional and creative development and current resume. In the email, please include your year and major (if applicable).
Applications can be sent to:
ACADSA Career Development Program Manager
*Subject Line: Show + Sale Department Rep Position
Application Deadline is October 5, 2018.
The ACAD Students’ Association is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.