Reporting to the Alberta College of Art + Design Students’ Association Career Development Program Manager and with support of other ACADSA Staff, the Show + Sale cashier is responsible for providing retail sales support for the Show + Sale retail market.
- Sales Processing
- Processing cash and credit payments
- Balancing the register at day end
- Assist in the reconciliation of Show + Sale retail projects
- Providing prompt, accurate and professional service to all retail customers
- Customer Service
- Greeting customers
- Maintain effective contact with ACAD students, faculty, administration, and the general public
- Meeting customers’ transactional needs, answering general inquiries and directing additional sales opportunities to the Career Development Program Manager
- Provide regular updates to the Career Development Program Manager and General Manager
- A mature attitude with the ability to work independently and be a responsive member of the ACADSA team
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Preference will be given to current students and recent graduates of ACAD
- Must be available for the full duration of the sale including evenings and weekends
- Courteous, empathetic and skillful at conveying information and ideas concisely, and correcting issues promptly and professionally
- This position requires computer literacy and excellent administration
- Ability to take initiative for coordinating and carrying out assigned projects
- Experience working in a similar role and/or with Square sales processing system is considered an asset
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a casual contract position with a schedule of up to approximately 30 hours varied over the term of the contract with an hourly rate of $15.00 per hour. The position will commence November 22, 2018 and continues until November 24, 2018. The cashiers must be available for orientation and training prior to the sale for a minimum of 4 hours between 10am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- Thursday, November 22, 2018
- 4:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Friday, November 23, 2018
- 11:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Saturday, November 24, 2018
- 11:30 am – 4:30 pm
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume to email@example.com no later than noon on November 16, 2018.
The Alberta College of Art + Design Students’ Association is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.