POSITION TITLE: Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CORE FUNCTION: Working closely with the Creative Director, this role is responsible for creating original graphic content (branding, website design, content marketing and other marketing and communications materials). The successful candidate will have a specialized knowledge of graphic design and layout. Having a clear understanding of print production, photography and illustration will also be an asset.
PROJECT PLANNING & EXECUTION
• Work closely with Creative Director to develop and implement brand strategies and tactics that integrate digital channels with traditional marketing initiatives.
• Review and assess graphic and written materials to ensure they are effective and appropriate based on brand strategy and project requirements.
• Consult and/or advise production manager on creative requirements to streamline planning and execution of deliverables.
• Oversee projects from start to finish; prioritize tasks; and, coordinate multiple deliverables at one time.
• Design and produce marketing communications, from conception to delivery, through a variety of channels.
• Maintain quality checks on all design pieces and deliver projects within agreed budgets and timelines.
• Participate in ongoing training and educational initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
• Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Design or related field
• 1-3 years experience in an agency or in-house creative department
• Proficiency in MSOffice, Adobe Creative Suite and other design software
• Squarespace and WordPress experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of print and web design
• Strong project and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with others
• Discerning eye and strong attention to detail
• Packaging design and production experience a definite asset
• CAAP or other accreditation considered an asset
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Street Address: 116 8 Avenue SW, Suite 300
State / Province: Alberta
Postal / Zip Code: T2P 1B3