Stressed out? Need a snack to boost your morning? We’ve got you covered. AUArts Students’ Association recognizes this busy time of year with end of year deadlines creeping up. To support the student body, on February 28, AUArts SA will be serving complimentary coffee, tea, baked goods and fruit in the cafeteria from 10:30am – 12:30pm.
- Now Hiring Communications Coordinator: DEADLINE EXTENDEDJuly 5, 2019
- Now Hiring Office Coordinator: AUArts SAJuly 5, 2019
- Exhibition Catalogue | September 2018 – July 2019June 27, 2019
- Reminder: ACADSA Health + Dental Coverage lasts till Aug. 31June 20, 2019
- Now Hiring Show + Sale Coordinator: AUArts SAJune 12, 2019
- Now Hiring Peer Residency Coordinator: AUArts SAJune 12, 2019
- Office Closed – Thursday, May 16, 2019May 15, 2019
- Alberta’s One Line for Sexual ViolenceMay 8, 2019
- Grad Party at the New Gallery (May 16)May 8, 2019
- 01http://www.acadsa.ca/event/signy-holm-vatnid-for-the-lake-reception/6:00 pm-8:00 pmMarch 1, 2018MNG Main SpaceAlberta University of the Arts, Main Mall, 1407 14 Ave NW, Calgary, AB T2N 4R3, Canada
The MNG Main Space Presents:
Signy Holm – Vatnið (For the Lake)
Exhibition Runs: February 19 – March 2, 2018
Reception: March 1, 2018 6 pm – 8 pm
Main Mall at the Alberta College of Art + Design
Join us March 1st in the ACAD Main Mall for the official reception from 6 – 8 pm! A bar will be on site
Artist’s Statement & Bio:
Vatnið (For the Lake) is an installation exploring memory and longing and the attempts that one makes to relive the places of the past. Sound recordings that have been isolated become repetitive mantras, yet the distortion of the voices create a distance and a desire for clarity that cannot be attained. Collected artifacts such as beach glass, stones and shells are manipulated through physical and digital interventions. These objects become unfamiliar and skewed from their original state. The viewer is free to move through the installation and to allow the various objects and sounds to inform them, with the evocation of the past in a present space.
Signy Holm is in her third year at the Alberta College of Art + Design studying drawing. She works primarily in performance, new media and sculpture. She is currently the director of HORSE CLUB, a student-run club dedicated to the facilitation of media arts, as well as a member of The Pidgin Collective, a student group focused on writing and critical discourse. Signy Holm lives and works in Calgary, Alberta.
- 02http://www.acadsa.ca/event/slc-meeting-11/10:00 am-1:00 pmMarch 2, 2018AUArts BoardroomAlberta University of the Arts, 1407 14 Ave NW, Calgary, AB T2N 4R3, Canada
All students are welcome to attend.
Find out more about our Student Leadership Council (SLC) at http://www.acadsa.ca/about/leadership-council/