Stressed out? Need a snack to boost your morning? We’ve got you covered. AUArts Students’ Association recognizes this busy time of year with end of year deadlines creeping up. To support the student body, on February 28, AUArts SA will be serving complimentary coffee, tea, baked goods and fruit in the cafeteria from 10:30am – 12:30pm.
- Now Hiring Show + Sale Coordinator: AUArts SAMay 23, 2019
- Now Hiring Peer Residency Coordinator: AUArts SAMay 23, 2019
- Office Closed – Thursday, May 16, 2019May 15, 2019
- Alberta’s One Line for Sexual ViolenceMay 8, 2019
- Grad Party at the New Gallery (May 16)May 8, 2019
- AUArts Grad Show | 2019 (May 16 – June 1)May 7, 2019
- Health + Dental Plan: Summer & Extended CoverageApril 30, 2019
- 2019 Gracious Gratitude Award RecipientsApril 25, 2019
- Spring 2019: Student Group Program UpdateApril 24, 2019
- 06http://www.acadsa.ca/event/career-development-fair/12:30 pm-3:00 pmFebruary 6, 2019
Find a summer internship! Discover community resources! Get to know the local organizations that are here to support your professional development as emerging artists and designers.
ACADSA’s Career Development Program is pleased to invite you to the 2019 Career Development Fair! On February 6th, we will be hosting over 20 organizations that drive the Calgary arts scene, from artist-run centres, non-profits, guilds, maker spaces, coalitions, and more!
Wednesday, February 6th
More information to come
- 07http://www.acadsa.ca/event/blindspot-seeking-place-opening-reception/6:00 pm-8:00 pmFebruary 7, 2019
This is an opening reception for ACAD’s Blindspot: Annual Juried Exhibition, juried this year by Elizabeth Diggon, Areum Kim, and George Webber. This show is dedicated to lens based work and is featured as part of Alberta’s Exposure Festival.
- 07http://www.acadsa.ca/event/tanner-christmas-supports-above-and-below-exhausting-the-albatross-reception/6:00 pm-8:00 pmFebruary 7, 2019MNG Main SpaceAlberta University of the Arts, Main Mall, 1407 14 Ave NW, Calgary, AB T2N 4R3, Canada
WHEN: Now until February 22, 2019
Reception: Thursday, February 7, 6 – 8 p.m. in the Main Mall at the Alberta University of the Arts (formerly the Alberta College of Art + Design)
WHERE: Marion Nicoll Gallery (MNG), Main Space
INVESTIGATE THE UNKNOWN, ATTACK YOUR ARTWORK, SPEED, VELOCITY, SOUND, DOOM, LISTEN TO METAL AND THRASH AROUND, LISTEN TO EVERYTHING AND NOTHING, TRANSFER SONIC EXPERIENCE INTO VISUAL EXPERIENCE, DISSECT PARALYSIS, INVESTIGATE PANIC ATTACKS, COUNTER EDUCATE, LIVE IN FLUX, FALL IN LOVE, LIVE IN THE CLOUDS, GROUND YOURSELF, DESTROY IDEAS, BUILD THEM UP WITH FRIENDS, WEAR A UNIFORM, CONFUSE YOURSELF, DO SOMETHING UN-RELATABLE, DEPRIVE YOUR SENSES, CONFRONT TRAUMAS, QUESTION YOURSELF, EXPLORE NEW PARTS OF THE CITY, BREAK THE LAW, MINIMIZE EXISTENTIALISM, MERGE ART AND LIFE.
Tanner Christmas draws on the critique of artistic and social conventions through the disruption and redistribution of material, narrative and processes. The artist employs opposition while progressively creating order and disorder in rearrangement of narrative by destroying the old. Through the process of making, autonomous entities diverge from established reality, sequentially creating alternate timelines in a state of flux.
For more information about the MNG visit marionnicollgallery.wordpress.com
- 08http://www.acadsa.ca/event/creig-gallery-call-for-submissions/All dayFebruary 8, 2019
CREIG GALLERY CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS; WINTER
The Creig Gallery IS now accepting submissions for the Fall semester!
The deadline for submissions this year is on FEBRUARY 8th at 4:00pm.
Submissions do not have to be of completed work, but we are accepting proposals for the submission, although having images or drafts of how the work will appear is encouraged to give the jury a better understanding of your final show.
To submit, please email email@example.com with the following:
– Name, department, & year
– 3-5 .jpegs of work (under 5MB)
– Artist statement/exhibition proposal (100-250 words)
Keep in mind that the gallery dimensions are: 7 ft x 18.5 ft white wall + 30 in x 46 in light box.
The Creig Gallery is a student-run gallery in ACAD featuring photo-based, two-dimensional work. A copy of the submission guidelines will be sent out via email once fall semester commences if you have any questions for us feel free to shoot us an email and we hope to see you all in the fall!
Thank you to everyone and we are looking forward to this semester’s submissions!