Reporting to the Alberta University of the Arts Students’ Association Career Development Program Manager and with support of other AUArts SA Staff, the Show + Sale cashier is responsible for providing retail sales support for the Show + Sale retail market.
- Sales Processing
- Processing cash and credit payments
- Balancing the register at day end
- Assist in the reconciliation of Show + Sale retail projects
- Providing prompt, accurate and professional service to all retail customers
- Customer Service
- Greeting customers
- Maintain effective contact with AUArts students, faculty, administration, and the general public
- Meeting customers’ transactional needs, answering general inquiries and directing additional sales opportunities to the Career Development Program Manager
- Provide regular updates to the Career Development Program Manager
- A mature attitude with the ability to work independently and be a responsive member of the AUArts SA team
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Preference will be given to current students and recent graduates of AUArts
- Must be available for the full duration of the sale including evenings and weekends
- Courteous, empathetic and skillful at conveying information and ideas concisely, and correcting issues promptly and professionally
- This position requires computer literacy and excellent administration
- Ability to take initiative for coordinating and carrying out assigned projects
- Experience working in a similar role and/or with Square sales processing system is considered an asset
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a casual contract position with a schedule of up to approximately 20 hours varied over the term of the contract with an hourly rate of $15.00 per hour. The position will commence March 28, 2019 and continues until March 30, 2019.
- Thursday, March 28, 2019
- 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Friday, March 29, 2019
- 11:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Saturday, March 30, 2019
- 11:30 am – 4:30 pm
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume to email@example.com no later than midnight on March 17, 2019.
The Alberta University of the Arts Students’ Association is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.