The Technical Illustrator creates illustrations, schematics, and diagrams used in technical documentation by technicians. The Technical Illustrator has a mechanical or electrical design aptitude enabling understand of existing technical documentation and the relationship of the technical illustration to that content.
Employment: Student or new grad, 3 month contract with possible extension
- Develop content specific illustrations, schematics and diagrams from existing content and illustrations
- Maintain metrics on progress and hours expended on illustrations
- Communicate issues causing project delays in a timely manner, and suggest ways of improving efficiency of illustration creation
- Take feedback from reviews and respond in a timely manner with corrections
Demonstrated Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education in technology or graphics arts, complete or in progress
- Able to work in a team environment with dispersed geography
- Design portfolio is an asset
- Proven history of developing digital technical illustrations is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Illustrator and Visio
- Understands principles of information design and technical communication
- Ability to report status updates to management and team members and effectively communicate problems
To apply for this dynamic opportunity please submit your resume via our website at www.innovatia.net/careers.
We thank all candidates for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovatia is an equal opportunity employer.