ACADSA Bar Service Requests
I. BOOKING THE EVENT
- Any student, staff or faculty member who is planning an event with a cash bar must submit an event/bar request form to ACADSA with a minimum 2 weeks (14 business days) lead time from the event. ACADSA will not accept event forms that do not meet this requirement. Event booking forms can be found in the ACADSA office.
- If the event organizers are looking to book a hosted bar, the expected attendance is over 100, they require an extension of the existing license (ie. a space that is not under current licensing), or any other special requests the lead time becomes 3 weeks (21 business days).
- ACADSA will submit all event request forms for approval, and will notify the event organizers when their event has been approved. Every event booked will need to name an organizer who will be on-site for the duration of the event.
II. FEES + INVOICING
- If the event organizer is booking a host, or ticketed bar applicable fees will be charged and ACADSA will provide the organizer with the fee schedule.
- All bar events that do not meet the minimum sales revenue of $50.00 will be charged a service fee of the same amount.
- ACADSA Ratified Student Groups are eligible to receive a portion of the net sales revenue from events booked through the group as per the Student Group Contract.
- If the event is cancelled the event organizer must give at least 3 business days’ prior notice to ACADSA. If the host does not provide the minimum notice a cancellation fee of $40.00 will be invoiced.
III. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
- Upon approval from Michael, if an event is over 2 hours in length or has a large number of attendees, additional security arrangements will need to be made with the Manager of Security + Access (Jeff Meighen), which is a minimum of 3 hours call out, with a minimum of half an hour on either side of the event, at a rate of $25+tax/hour/guard, and the organizer will need to supply the billing code upon booking.
- If additional cleaning services are required (ie the event is over a weekend or has considerations outside of the regular scope) security will advise what extra cleaning needs will be required. If additional cleaning is needed, it needs to be coordinated with Maintenance (Stuart – firstname.lastname@example.org) Any additional furniture (chairs, tables, etc.) needs to be coordinated with maintenance as well, at a minimum 1 week (7 business days) notice.
- Upon approval, the organizer will also need to book the space in infolab (students via ACADSA, staff & faculty have their own access), providing details and the point of contact with the event listing. The organizers will also need to arrange for A/V bookings, if any support is required, at a minimum 1 week (7 business days) notice, but for larger events a minimum 2 weeks (14 business days) via email@example.com). It should be noted that there is an additional cost for AV services outside of regular hours (8am-8pm) and for those outside of the internal community (please see AV services for rates).
ACADSA is a student-run organization established to support the student body and their initiatives on campus, as such booking priority will be given to events hosted by ACADSA and our members.